A girl can join Brownies at any time after her seventh birthday. Most Brownies move on shortly after their tenth birthday. Each Brownie needs to be given the opportunity to grow as an individual and to develop at her own pace.
Welcome to the Brownie Adventure
The programme is called the Brownie Adventure to reflect the excitement and fun it offers each Brownie and her Brownie Leaders.
The Brownie Adventure:
- is flexible.
- is fun for the girls and their Leaders.
- helps each Brownie to develop.
- allows each Brownie to take an active part in unit decision making.
- challenges Brownies to think for themselves.
- encourages instant rewards.
- starts to develop each Brownie’s leadership skills.
The Brownie Adventure is balanced by these three programme areas: