A girl can join Rainbows at any time after her fifth birthday (fourth in Northern Ireland). Most Rainbows move on shortly after their seventh birthday. Each Rainbow needs to be given the opportunity to grow as an individual and to develop at her own pace.
Welcome to the Rainbow Jigsaw
The Rainbows’ programme is called the Rainbow Jigsaw to reflect how the varied Rainbow activities link to create a larger balanced picture.
The Rainbow Jigsaw:
- is written so the younger Rainbow will understand it, but has plenty to stretch the older Rainbow.
- is flexible.
- is fun for the girls and their Leaders.
- helps each Rainbow to develop.
- allows each Rainbow to take an active part in unit decision making.
- challenges Rainbows to think for themselves.
The Rainbow Jigsaw is balanced by these four programme areas:
- Rainbows Look.
- Rainbows Learn.
- Rainbows Laugh.
- Rainbows Love.